A starter social media checklist
- Press Release – Draft SEO-optimized press release by identifying related keywords and including (as much as possible) in headlines and sub-heads
- Posting – Post the press release on company website, Facebook and LinkedIn page
- Email Signatures – Ask employees to edit their email signatures to include a link to the press release or report on company website
- LinkedIn – Encourage employees on LinkedIn to update their “status update” to include a link to press release or report
- Twitter – Create Tweets including information from press release, linking back to company website. Use either for company or employee representative handles.
- Facebook– Develop Facebook status updates with highlights from press release
- Media – Monitor resulting media coverage and link to articles via Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, as appropriate
- Discussion – Create discussion via company LinkedIn group (and/or other relevant groups) on thought leadership
- Blogs – Identify relevant blogs and comment on appropriate posts, linking back to press release or report
- YouTube/Slideshare – If there is a video or PowerPoint component to the thought leadership, post on YouTube or Slideshare, respectively
What else is on your social media list? Anything to add?
To reach Katherine: